Low Carbon Growth Planning
Project Catalyst has produced a number of documents on Low Carbon Growth Planning, including those listed below, and has also supported the development of such plans in a number of countries including Mexico, Indonesia and others.
In 2010, Project Catalyst is supporting the establishment of the Global Green Growth Institute which will help developing countries develop low carbon growth strategies.
- Low Carbon Growth Plans - Advancing Good Practice (August 2009). This document reviews recent low-carbon growth plans put forward by countries to drive domestic mitigation and adaptation action and highlights the lessons learned from this experience.
- Institutional Arrangements for Advancing Sustainable Low Carbon Growth and Development (March 2009):this paper focuses on the institutional design requirements and options for low carbon, climate resilient growth
Negotiating text proposals
- Low Emissions Development Plans (or green growth plans) - Proposed language for LCA text (December 2009). In the final days of the negotiations in Copenhagen, Project Catalyst proposed modifications to the LCA text in an effort to maximize the results coming out of the negotiations.
- Enshrining low carbon growth plans in the Copenhagen agreement (August 2009). A proposal for including low carbon growth plans in the negotiating text.
External publications and examples of national low carbon growth plans
- Pathways for a Low-Carbon Economy for Brazil 2008 - Brazil National Plan on Climate Change 2008
- China’s Policies and Actions for Addressing Climate Change 2008
- China’s National Climate Change Programme 2007
■ South Africa
Regional and global reports on low-carbon growth plans
- ESMAP Low Carbon Growth Country Studies Programme - Managing Climate Change Through Development